Friday, February 20, 2009

Best Original Screenplay

Frozen River, Courtney Hunt
Happy Go Lucky, Mike Leigh
In Bruges, Martin McDonough
Milk, Dustin Lance Black
Wall-E, Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter, Jim Reardon

This was a truly screwy category this year; Milk is the only film nominated by both the WGA and the Academy. (Not surprisingly, it won the WGA award as well.) It’s also the only Best Picture nominee in this race, so I don’t think anything else is even a possibility. Prediction and Personal Pick: Milk, though it’s only my favorite over Wall-E, because I didn’t get catch up to Frozen River or Happy Go Lucky in time, and I have no interest in ever seeing In Bruges.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger mcdrewbie said...

i hear in bruges is good and nothing like the marketing made it seem like

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Julie Gabriele said...

I heard that too. I just don't enjoy movies about crime/heists/gangsters etc. Just my peculiar tastes; I certainly wouldn't think any less of someone because they liked it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home